• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Panic Button

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know how to get rid of this fine feature? I've got a 2001 XJ and occasionally I accidently hit the button and it goes off. The other day it went off and I didn't think that I'd ever get it to quit!

Robert

If you have done something like this before, I did this for a friend, you can take apart the case and used an X-acto knife and cut the run that leads to the panic button. If you do this make sure that the run you cut doesn't effect the other buttons.

So if he ever wanted to 'Fix' it so it works again he can just solder the run back together, well I guess I'd have to do that for him :)

Alex

ZombiE said:
If you have done something like this before, I did this for a friend, you can take apart the case and used an X-acto knife and cut the run that leads to the panic button. If you do this make sure that the run you cut doesn't effect the other buttons.

So if he ever wanted to 'Fix' it so it works again he can just solder the run back together, well I guess I'd have to do that for him :)

Alex
Another version of that modification is to place a small piece of clear boxing tape (like heavy duty scotch tape) over the contact surface on the circuit board in the area the button touches. It prevents the button from making contact, and is a little more elegant than a blob of superglue (and REVERSIBLE:D )

Where's this button? My wife has a 01 XJ, I've never notice any button.

Back