• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headers for 2.8 v6

DOGS ARE BETTER

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know if Headman's headers for S10 with 2.8 v6 will fit 86 cherokee W/2.8 ? Yes I know Edlebrock makes a set to fit. Headman makes a shorty & long tube set for the S10. Read where Eldebrock set works good with there intake manifold .But not with out. Headman's are also closer to equal length. Cherokee will be getting a 3.4 in place of 2.8. Just would like to make as much torque as possible.

Yes they will fit the shorts will, port those heads too while your at it.

Does any one know if Headman's headers for S10 with 2.8 v6 will fit 86 cherokee W/2.8 ? Yes I know Edlebrock makes a set to fit. Headman makes a shorty & long tube set for the S10. Read where Eldebrock set works good with there intake manifold .But not with out. Headman's are also closer to equal length. Cherokee will be getting a 3.4 in place of 2.8. Just would like to make as much torque as possible.

Pull that engine out and throw it in the trash. Those 2.8's are piles of GM waste that they sold as fast as they could cause they knew it.
He said that a 3.4L will be in place of the 2.8L, the shorty's will fit. Depending on clearance, long tubes will work.

250000 on this 2.8. Not one problem. Down on power / YES pain in the a___ carb / YES junk / no . In the 23 yrs I have owned this jeep, It's done a lot . I HAVE WANTED MORE POWER , BETTER FRONT SEATS, from day #1 or day#2. Now it will get them & some more. May go another 250000!

Well congrats on the 250,000. Send GM a thank you card. I consider most 80's GM engines crap. Mostly because of the constant carb problems and just plain being gutless.:repair:

Back