• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rust demon has struck

blue96jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 jeep cherokee that needs a new trunk floor and frame rails where the rear shackles attach. Now the trunk floor pan is rusted right along where the seam sealer is and under the bench seat.

I know I can use steel from lowes or some place like that but I am looking for a stamped piece from a aftermarket place that I can just drop in because I cannot duplicate the contours of the metal under the bench seat. problem is I cannot find a company that makes it.

as for the frame rails they are rusted on 2 side on each rail right where the shackle bolt goes through. is it possible to get a new section of frame rail in the aftermarket, so I can just cut off the affected area and weld a new rail in its place.

-Ryan

Full rear floor pan: http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/3121_3123_3136/products_id/28548

If you look around in that area there is also a front for sale there too. That rear will go from under the benc back, the front pan goes from in front of the bench forward (includes tranny tunnel).

I just did my front floor pans (finished passenger side last night). I just dropped my gas tank and I am doing the cargo area tomorrow and into sunday. Just using 18 gauge steel (with flanges between sheets for added strength).

Back