• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual Stabilizers for "blow out" protection?

bigolexj

NAXJA Forum User
Is it true that dual stabilizers improve your chances in a blow out at higher speeds? I am interested in getting them if so because I travel with the kids in the back a lot and want to protect them from a worst case scenario like a blow out at 70mph (I usually drive 60 on the highway, but sometimes I drive 70 to pass other slow people like me). ;) lol

If you're useing quality tread, the likelyhood of a blow out is, well, unlikely.

I've been driving for 41 years, all kinds of vehicles, towing boats, horse and utility trailers all over the US, Canada and Mexico, highways, roads, trails, construction areas and never had a blowout. Flat tire yes.

In all honesty, it's something I wouldn't worry about and I have staked my kids life on that feeling.

As far as the dual stabilizers, unless you get into some might custom design, I don't think you'll get any significant benefit. It's something that can be done more readily in the rear and more difficult in the front.

Thanks, rstarch345. I have to admit, even after studying everything I can find on steering geometry and steering technology, I cannot wrap my head around all of this stuff..lol!!!

I have 35x12.5 MTRs and really got to thinking about blow outs and how bad that could be with 6" of lift.. Kinda scared me so I asked a few people who run similar and they all told me to slap dual stabilizers on to fix that from ever happening...I take it they pretty much just talked outta their asses, because I cannot find anyone on here that runs more than one stabilizer and some (most) say it's useless...

I wouldn't say they're useless, since they're put on at the factory. Ideally, however, they shouldn't even be necessary if everything else up front is working properly.

I have 3.5 in of lift with 33x12.50s... i was doing 75 down the highway the other day.. i had a blow out.. it sucked. I dont know if dual stabelizers would help, but i was running no sway bars and it wasnt that bad. Yeah, it wasnt a fun experience trying to keep it in the lane, but I expected it to be alot worse. I dont think it would help too much, maybe some but not extremely so. I think the best would be simply making sure your current stabelizer is working properly and posibly upgrading if you so desire, but i dont know how much you could gain from dual stabelizers vs. an upgraded single

Back