• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLEASE HELP

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
ok im F*&%$@g Tired of transfer case linkages, here are the serial numbers off my tranny and transfer case please help me to figure out what linkage and bracket i need. This is the only thing i need to get my jeep to be 4x and i can because of a stupid god D*&N bracket:flamemad:

Last edited:
ok im F*&%$@g Tired of transfer case linkages, here are the serial numbers off my tranny and transfer case please help me to figure out what linkage and bracket i need. This is the only thing i need to get my jeep to be 4x and i can because of a stupid god D*&N bracket:flamemad:

Take a chill pill before you have a stroke!

1. You forgot the numbers.

2. What are you working on?

Novak makes a tc shifter that eliminates all the crap--$150.

here are some picture with all the info

tranny.jpg

transfercase.jpg

Two things might help as well... we have no idea (or at least I do and I am sure many other on this forum) nor have to memory what the serial number all entails its like giving a vin number and expecting every one else to figure what the crap it is. What year of Jeep do you have? Is it lifted? do you have a TC drop? I don't know what the tags on the transmission mean, what model do you have?

Also a title of please help is very vague and many people will over look a thread titled as such. Label it Transfer case linkage problems, 4x4 wont engage because of TC linkage Please Help.... etc...

Also there is a stock section so identifying what or how your Jeep has been modified can help identify your problem. Also a clear image of your current linkage would be helpful also to see what you are have been working with.

Looks like the typical and very common AW4/231 trans/TC that many jeeps use. Just go to a junkyard and pull the shifter and linkages from any 90's model auto 4x4 then bolt back into yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave92cherokee
Looks like the typical and very common AW4/231 trans/TC that many jeeps use. Just go to a junkyard and pull the shifter and linkages from any 90's model auto 4x4 then bolt back into yours.

that about sums it up

X2!!!!!!

i figured it out i just had to put a notch in the linkage bracket and now it bolts up perfectly about 3 more weeks and i will have a 4x4 :)

Back