• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE install ??

XJtattoo

NAXJA Forum User
I've had the PORC SYE kit sitting in my garage for about 5 months now and am just now getting some time to isntall it. I have a front drive shaft built now to go in with it too. I am just wondering if anyone would recomend any other parts for the T-case while I have it out? Any other bearings or seals other than what comes in the kit? XJ is a '96 with 153k on it. AI am also nearing the end of my stroker project too so I was thinking about puting in some parts from an 231HD case (chain and planetary set) but new parts are really expensive for those. Not sure if that would be neccesary with the new engine either. I did search by the way. Any input, advise, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had 200,000 miles on mine when I put in my SYE and I changed out the
chain and gears. The chain was slapping the side of the case and making a lot of noise. After the change out, it works and sounds like a new one.
O

thanks, so a chain and gears are a good idea to replace. What bout upgrading those to the wider HD chain and gears and what about the HD 6 planet gearset, would those be necessary for the stroker? And other bearings? input? front output?

Unless you are really hard on it 4 wheeling, I wouldn't do it. The only time the chain pulls is in 4 wheel drive. It will turn all the time unless you have a disconnect on the front axle. I have put so much pressure on mine that I twisted the ujoint ears on the slip yoke (that's what forced me into installing my SYE). I think that it's your call, if you think that you need it, do it.
O

I replaced the following parts:

Front output seal
Chain
Mode and range shift fork pads
New oil pump pickup screen (mine was shot)

I figured that I should do it when I had the case apart.

Back