• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DSLR's

MASS XJ 98

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

You guys seem to have alot experience with cameras. I've always been a P&S camera guy but for awhile I've wanted to get an SLR. I was hoping that you guys would give me some pointers.

I've done a little research and I was thinking of going with either:

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black

or the

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black

Or if you have any other suggestions!

Will the difference's in Megapixel's be a noticable 10 to 15MP? I'm not really concerned with taking HD video's. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want to buy one that I'll have for a while and that I be able to grow with. I guess my budget would be $500-$700. I like to travel and I like to take landscape and low light pictures. I'm fairly rough on things ,any brands more durable than others?

Thanks for any input you guys can give!

I am a HUGE fan of lower Megapixels and better low light capability. The higher the resoloution, the worse the low light shooting will be.

To me a 10-12 Megapixel camera is perfect until to get into the full frame stuff but thats way out of the price range you indicated anyway.

Check out the Nikon D3000 for a midrange camera also. The Canons are good as well.

I just picked up a nikon D60 after never owning a camera but always having an interest. it's easy to use and takes amazing pictures.

>12MP is splitting hairs, IMHO. you should include any lenses in your budget too because they too drastically effect how the shot will come out. then there's a flash... and tripod... etc etc. it's just another money pit haha

Back