• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35 bearing caps

jeetyet

NAXJA Forum User
im pretty sure i re installed them correctly but my friend is trying to tell me otherwise. if your looking at the bearing caps, there are two lines on them. one side has a skinny line going up and down and the other side has a thicker line going up and down. i believe the thicker side goes towords the carrier and the skinny go towords the wheel. am i correct?

There should be markings stamped into the caps and the lip of the diff to show orientation. Basically, there is a letter orientated one way on one cap, then a second on the other. Match the orientation of the markers on the caps to the markings stamped into the diff lip, and you're all set.

Let me find a picture for you.

Edit: Best one I could find. See how the "T" is orientated the same way.
Markings.jpg

Last edited:
it was at noon. plenty of light out side.

Then get a magnifying glass, the builder stamps the cap and the lip one after the other, then turns the stamp and punches the other side's cap and lip.

Back