• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ lug nut size????

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyony tell me exactly what the lug nut size for my 85 xj is? I was trying to do my brakes this weekend but all my lug nuts seem to be odd different sizes, and torqued beyond belief. I know new lugs are expensive so if I can get the exact size i need i can know what size used ones I can get on CL or at the local Junkyard.

Go to Shwabs, they will have a set of 20 for 40 bucks (2 bucks a piece as noted earlier), but they are true solid chrome acorns-much better then the stock with the thin cap.

Nick

You can get "buy it now" black chrome SOLID 1/2-20 lug nuts, 20 for $15.99 on eBay.

Go to Shwabs, they will have a set of 20 for 40 bucks (2 bucks a piece as noted earlier), but they are true solid chrome acorns-much better then the stock with the thin cap.

Nick
really????? schucks is selling them for $125.... see thats why i don't shop at "Schmucks" anymore. thanks for the info..

oh... I don't care if they are oem or not. I was just trying to get the tread and depth size so i could buy any kind. My bro.'s gonna crap himself when i tell jim les schwab has then for $2 a piece. he spent $5 a piece.:twak:

I got 20 shipped from Summit Racing for like $45. When it comes to hardware, the dealer is absolutely the last place to look, for me. The farm supply store is normally the first.

Picked mine up at Wally World. One piece chrome jobbies. They work just fine. They're 7/8".

Back