• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trackbar mods

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a pro comp trackbar(I know at the time I didn't know any better). I was sitting at 4.5''but not I've boosted it up to 6-6.5'' of lift. I thought the trackbar would be long enough. Well I misjudged a little. And as of now my finances has went to **** so the thought of buying a new one is out of the question.

My thought is to cut the existing one in half and slide another pipe over it. (making sure to sleeve it as long as possible on both sides) Weld it up and call it good enough for now. I know its doable but I don't know how thick of tube to use. And another thing I do have some decent guage black pipe that would fit it perfectly. I know its strong, I use it as a cheater pipe. But is black pipe useable?

Any help would be appreciated. By the way I only need to extend the bar maybe 1 1/2".

Is it adjustable? I redrilled the lower mounting hole about 3/4" to the side on mine to get more thread engagement.

You still need a new trackbar that doesnt use a tre,youve obviously maxed the joint out at that lift.

Back