• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 rear defrost install

Harlee&Tahoe

NAXJA Forum User
After being tired of not seeing out the back in the winter,
I installed rear wiper. Pretty easy.

Now that I have the tinted rear window with defrost grid, hoping it was as easy as wiper, I'd like to install it.

Installed rear glass, connected grid to barrel connectors, this side done I believe.

Now for the switch side I have the switch but can't seem to find the connector. Can someone confirm for me if I'm missing a harness/relays/ect. I was supposed to grab?

Where is the Rear defroster relay?
I did find a white relay tucked way up by the fuse block.

Last edited:
my 88 didn't come with the defrost or switch.

I snagged the switch from the JY, and put in a new rear glass with defrost.

My harness did have the wires for the defrost in it, but they ended in a connector under the drivers left side kick panel. No relay or harness to get to the switch. You will need them as well, or do like I did, and just make it work.

Mine works now, but has no timer, so if I forget to turn it off, I have a dead battery when I get back to it.

I ordered a generic switch with timer built in to fix the issue, just haven't done it yet.

Got mine from here
http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2600spl.htm

got 2.....1 for the jeep rear defrost, and 1 for the power heated towing mirrors I put on my dually

Back