• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air pressure hose size ?'s

wishbone

NAXJA Forum User
So, Im running my sanden compressor off of the engine. for a tank, currently, Im using just some additional 3/8 ID hose, about 3 feet. I just aquired a dewalt tank with a manifold on it, but the inlet and outlet sizes are much smaller than 3/8, and they cant be changed.
I use it now for tire inflation, air mattresses, inertubes, and a wicked fire breather. I most likely wont run air lockers any time soon.
My question:
Should I simply step my 3/8's down to fit the inlets and outlets? would this create a weird pressure change? should I keep the smaller hose length to a minimum or does it matter?

Thanks

Being what it is, not a constant use system, I see no problem in stepping down the size for the manifold. You really won't notice a pressure drop unless you use air tools on it constantly.

yep, use thread adapters to get it down to the size of the tank. most likely you wont notice any difference on inflating your tires (the smallest orifice is likely to be the valve stem). you may notice on air tools though like i do on my H.F. comp in my garage.

Back