• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

***Final Evans Oktoberfest Update***

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
***Final Oktoberfest Update***

Okay folks, here we go:

Originally, this was going to be a purely Sunday event, but the response has been such that a lot of people are going to be showing up Saturday to wheel and camp that night.

I'll be getting there in the early afternoon on Saturday and trying to nail down a main camp site. A lot of people have expressed interest in running some of the trails Saturday, so I'll be leading a newbie/anyone who wants to group, leaving from the campground at 3:00 pm Saturday. We'll probably do 311 and then maybe 520.

Weather.com is saying Saturday will be nice (mostly sunny and 56°) but will get cold over night and begin to rain. Evan's Creek is a couple thousand feet higher than Carbonado and they're saying it will be as low as 36° over night in the town. We may get snow. Be prepared for the cold!

Dinner Saturday will be fending for yourself; nothing official provided, so make sure to bring grub and a way to fix it. Ditto Sunday morning. We'll be meeting the rest of the group at the trail head at 9:00 am Sunday, so be ready to roll.

Here's who's coming:

Me (Matt)-Both Days
T&A XJ (Tim)-?
2Xtreme (Michael)-Sunday
Marc (Michael's Brother) -Sunday
Avanteone (John, w/ family)-Both
12GAXJ (Eli)-Both
XJourney (Hans)-Sunday
Slacker87XJ (Ian)- Both
PatHatten (Pat)- ?
Comanchekid (Jason)- Sunday
Megawatt (Jeremy)- Both
Blkxjkrawler (Ryan)- Sunday
Mud1059 (Paul...and Josh :rolleyes:)- Both?
Adamusmc2002 (Adam)- Both
GreenBeltXJ (Cody)- If he's got a motor...?
Jay2000XJ (Jay)- Both
SuperSami (Mark...my Samurai buddy)- Both

There will also be a few PNW Jeep guys there who may or may not wheel with us. Depending on who actually shows, we might break up into two groups. We'll play that by ear.

If anyone has questions about directions, post up, because I think everyone pretty much knows where it is. If I've missed anything or anybody, let me know.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys in a few days!

-----Matt-----

DSC_0085Large.jpg

2xtreme said:
For those staying Sat night, even if it does not snow it will be VERY cold and there will be lots of frost. Please be prepared!!
Michael

Not as cold as in Alaska

Oh no now I've done it in this thread:firedevil . Hans, are you and I still meeting in the college way dennys parking lot at 6-6:15? that should give us plenty of time to be in marysville by 7:00. Michael, where are we meeting with you?

I'm in. No wifey or baby, just me and my two oldest boys. :D

My boy's soccer game is noon saturday, so I should be up there by 3ish... Since Matt's gonna lead a newbie group... I'm gonna say I'll take anybody who wants up something more challenging.

J

ECKSJAY said:
Chuck Norris created everything. How dare you ask. He's right behind you now. Was nice knowing you. :(

Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris created much! Chuck Norris is from Texas (come on, he is part of the Texas Rangers, everyone knows that:) )

Ryan,
if you guys are meeting between 6 and 6:15 then you should be in Marysville by 6:45. I will move up my schedule to meet you guys at 6:45ish at 4th Street exit in Marysville (Hans has the details, exit 4th street, turn right, we will be on the opposite side of the street, my jeep will be on a trailer).

Looking forward to a wet/muddy/low traction day!!

Dont forget Daylight Savings!!!!

Michael

God I love Chuck Norris jokes, they never get old!

Hey John(Avanteone), you're leading a more difficult group right as you get there at 3? I'm hopin to be there around 3, maybe later. Guess I'll just look for ya when I show up.

mojojojo said:
lets see em mounted up.

(edit) talking bout the tires.

Oops, I lied. I can't get to a tire machine in time for the weekend. The slide hammer/bead buster I have will bust them off, but the side walls are so damn stiff, the pry bars I have wont get them over the rim. Plus they are on aluminum wheels, and dont want to scratch them up. But, I did score 2 33x12.50 TSL Radials, but won't have 2 more by tomorrow either!

The gay post, James, wasnt me! Thats what happens when you let your friends use your computer while your outside working.

Thank ya Phil. :D

Back