• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket non cb antenna

slapshot

NAXJA Forum User
hey yall.

just wondering if anyone has experience with the installation of aftermarket radio antenna.

i'm in the process of eliminating all the silver on my white and black jeep, and my antenna is basically all that is left.

i've seen a few kits at canadian tire etc, but wondering if anyone has ever done this.

ps, non cb/ non power/ normal antenna but black, probably plastic.

cheers

hey yall.

just wondering if anyone has experience with the installation of aftermarket radio antenna.

i'm in the process of eliminating all the silver on my white and black jeep, and my antenna is basically all that is left.

i've seen a few kits at canadian tire etc, but wondering if anyone has ever done this.

ps, non cb/ non power/ normal antenna but black, probably plastic.

cheers

You could probably paint it if you prepped it right.

Check junkyards if you can. I am pretty sure that there were all-black antennas with the same stud mounting, same length etc., found on some GM trucks in the late 80's and early 90's.

thinking back, I think my old Colt Vista had a black antenna. Look around. I think they're out there.

I recently replaced my antenna mast with an all-black unit I found at AutoZone for $9. It just screwed into the existing base and all has been well for about 700 miles.

The stud is M6x1.0 thread if you need that information at some point.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I simply painted mine. My wiper arms were looking a little rough, and I had some matte black rattlecan, and yellow beer, soooo....

Anyway, death to anything shiny or orange on the exterior. Glad I'm not the only one with compulsive tastes.

Back