• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory replacement speakers

davehoose

NAXJA Forum User
I have the 89 laredo with the "Jenson" speaker system. The tweeters still work and I've replaced the door speakrs but have rot on the tailgate speakers and want to replace them. Does anyone have specs on the size I need or a knowledge of what will fit without modifications? I don't need anything fancy, just something that will sound okay. All my searches seem to come up with is the soundbar systems that I don't have. I'm looking for a cheap pair of speakers that will handle at some power, my head is rated at 200 watts output but I have it on the low power setting that sends like 30 watts. Any suggestions, I don't want to modify the current speaker size enclosures. Thanks for any advice!

you don't need to really worry about power requirements if all you are hittin the speakers with is a head unit. Those power numbers are Peak and nowhere near RMS.

I believe the stock size is 5.25" but you can fit almost anything you want in there with modifications as long as they aren't too deep. Speaker choice is a personal thing, and most top of the line speakers will sound like crap if you try to power them with just the head unit. I would just get a wal-mart set of sony or pioneer speakers, technically they suck, but your stereo sucks better.

hope this helps

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-y4yz1M8u8eQ/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=400&l=H

you may have to re-navigate, but they have a "what fits my car" section that should help you out a bit. 40 dollar blaupunkts and 50 dollar kenwoods seem like nice choices for your power.

Back