• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's help

CagersXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got finished putting in a new Rusty's steering stabilizer which took way longer than I expected. I had to spread the axle side mount to get it to fit, now that I have it all done I have a loud pop when coming out of full turn.

As soon as I was finished I had my wife hop in and slowly turn the wheel all the way left then right. At first the loud pop was happening when coming out of left or right full turn, so I drove it around the block, and drove in circles at full turn both directions a couple times now only seems to be when coming out of full right turn. Any ideas, I'm lost?

Try removing the stabilizer and driving it around the block again the same way. If it doesn't happen then it's a problem with the shock or the way it's mounted, if it does then sounds like track bar or a TRE somewhere causing it.

It's most likely your trac bar......

I'm leaning towards worn TRE on the track bar, wallowed out/loose axle side.

I don't think it's the Tracbar, It is Rusty's as well, and it has only been on the jeep since I got it new about a month or so ago, could over tightening of the axle side bolt for the stabalizer be the cause, and does anyone know the tightening spec?

Lets just say your money could have been spent somewhere else and you would have saved yourself some headache. I personally have had bad experiences with their products and service.....but lets not turn this into rusty bashing. I would really check your tracbar and TREs for not being tight. I am 99.99% sure thats your problem.

my rustys trackbar only pops when it needs to be lubed.

lube the tre on the frameside of the trackbar and see if the pop goes away.

I had a similar pop that turned out to be the trac bar bracket on the frame. The bolts had come loose and the mount was shifting.

Back