• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix parts?

THEPATRIOT

NAXJA Forum User
I plan to keep my "89 for a LONG time.Are any of the Renix fuel injection parts hard to get,or will they be in the future???If so,what?I'd like to strip some parts XJ's and stockpile some parts,i just don't know what to grab!?

Most of the sensors and suchlike are standard GM goodies of the vintage - used by kitbuilders, custom builders, and the aftermarket. Should be no trouble to keep them available (I usually order stuff like this from Marren Fuel Injection - www.injector.com.)

Core electronics are going to be at issue, but they're mostly cross-compatible within engine (242 to 242, 150 to 150,) so that's not any trouble. I've got a boxful of RENIX 242ci ECUs floating around here, and a handful of RENIX/AW4 TCUs as well.

So there are 2 different ECU's?My truck is an "89 Laredo with a 4.0 and AT.What one do i have?I'd like to get a few of them to have around!Thanks

Per Hollander, the ECUs between A/T and M/T are compatible. I haven't verified this, but I consider Hollander an authoritative source.

The TCU circuit is separate from the ECU, tho, so it makes sense.

You do need a different TPS with an auto vs a stick.

Manual tps' have been discontinued, but i am running an tuo tps on my mj with no problems. The MAT sensor has also been discontinued.

I believe the manual TPS for the Renix was just an Auto one minus one of the variable resistors (the ECU wanted a 0-5 volt signal, the TCU wanted a 5-0 volt signal, or vice versa) so except for possible connector differences an auto TPS should perform the functions of a manual one just fine.

An auto version is way easier to adjust because of the fact that the connector is not molded into the sensor.

Back