• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring diagram for cd player harness

AcM

NAXJA Forum User
heres the deal.....I'm installing a cd player into my 86 cherokee and i was wondering which wires do what. if you have info on this please reply. i know the power is purple but the others are confusing me.

are there two 8-pin connectors?

if so, the one connector has the sends for constant power, ignition power, power antenna (if so equipped) and illumination.

the other has all the speakers they are paired up (NOT BY COLOR) but by pin row.

turn it so you essentially are looking at 4 pairs of wire arranged like this ::::

each side-by-side pair is a speaker. I don't remember offhand which is which, but take a 9v battery, touch it to each pair and then listen for where the "pop" comes from. that's which speaker it is :D

thanks. mine was all messed up because there have been 2 other brands of cd players in there and each one has a different wiring harness. i have figured it out though

Back