• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power vs. manual seat heigth?

Talyn

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what the lowest seat height is on a manual seat vs a power seat? I currently have power seats, but one of the motors is dead. At 6'2" my head is pretty close to the roof and I am considering switching to manual seats if it sits lower.

I don't have the measurements at hand, but I can tell you there is a distinct difference. I'm also 6'2", and my head will come close to the headliner in my mother's 99 XJ w/ power seats. If I don't adjust the seat to the lowerest level, I need to tilt my head to keep it from touching the ceiling. In my 99 XJ w/o power seats, I have more than enough headroom. My head doesn't even come close to hitting the headliner.
Brian

What about the seat cushion angle on the manual seats? The one on the power I keep at a fairly steep angle. I.e. front part usually all the way up, rear all the way down. Or is it adjustable on the manual seats?

I had considered cutting the brackets off the power frame and then re welding them lower.. but since I have a damaged motor... maybe just convert to manual sliders.

My seats must be caved in worse than I thought, I barely have to slouch at all and I'm 6'4"

The only adjustments on a manual seat are closer to the wheel or farther away from the wheel. No height adjustments.

The only adjustments on a manual seat are closer to the wheel or farther away from the wheel. No height adjustments.

the manual seats in my 89 have a "rocking/tilting" adjustment, which does raise or lower the seat slightly along with also rocking/tilting the seat forward or backward.

the manual seats in my 89 have a "rocking/tilting" adjustment, which does raise or lower the seat slightly along with also rocking/tilting the seat forward or backward.

Neither of my '99s do. Don't think I've actually seen one that does that actually.

But, from his profile, he has a 2000. It is most likely that he will get seats that will bolt in to be easy, which don't have that adjustment.

Yes, its a 2000. All my Jeeps have had power seats so I don't actually know what the manual ones do besides slide. I've only seen pictures of the manual track but it look like I could put a spacer on the front mount points if I wanted it to be a bit higher in the front.

Back