• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ with 2.8

92stroker

NAXJA Forum User
I have a chance to pick up another XJ for FREE! It doesn't have a title, it has no keys, and the running condition is unknown. The body is decent, and nothing major appears to be missing.
It has the 2.8 liter engine that I know nothing about. There isn't a lot of info on it, my searches didn't turn up much.
What is the general opinion of this little engine? I'm sure it's not going to compare to my Stroker, but the price is right.

I have a 2.8L Crate engine in my 85 and it runs good. its bored .60 over so I think that its about a 3.1L gotta a comp cam mild cam in it Accel distributor & super coil in it and it is strong. Nothing like my stock 4.0L but its not bad and its sounds alot meaner than the 4.0L. Stock exhaust is on it too.
I know that the 2.8 is being put into the Caddy CTS rated at 212 HP so it cant be that bad of a motor.
check out this link to this forum www.60degreev6.com they have tons of info on this little engine
Hopes this helps. And if nothing else Its worth just the rear asle to pick it up for free!

Back