• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$32 ebay radiator.. any count?

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
My '87 XJ is sporting the original brass radiator. Which is pretty phenomenal at 260k. My dad has already brazed one pin hole.. and now its leaking in another spot. 4 hours away where my parts jeep is I have the newish looking radiator that came from it, I already installed it on my jeep once only to realize it has a hole somewhere in one of the cross tubes that only reveals itself at engine temp.
I was planning on getting that radiator repaired.. I've had a couple radaitors repaired in teh past and it has always held. The guy I've used typically charges about $45 or so.

However I spotted these radiators on ebay.. I see that they are two row.. which I assume both of mine are.. I know you can get a three row.. and I also see that the ebay radiator has plastic tanks.. :fuse: However for the price... surely it'd last for a few years..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-8...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a53a8452e

comments?

(yes I know the shipping is like $30.. but radiators probably aren't real cheap to ship)

Seller has lots of positive feedback.

That said, I wouldn't put a $32 radiator in my worst enemy's vehicle.

Scrimp on the less critical components, never on the important ones.

Get your spare rad repaired.

It's an aluminum core single row with plastic tanks on top of that they don't list a brand or part number. A repaired radiator will be much better.

This is in the description "Core Size (in) approx: ALUM (31 x 11-1/8 x 1) - 1 Rows"

I've gone through a lot of cheap radiators they always seem to leak at some point. I now use the CSF 3-row from DPG if you have the money it's worth it.

This is in the description "Core Size (in) approx: ALUM (31 x 11-1/8 x 1) - 1 Rows"

I've gone through a lot of cheap radiators they always seem to leak at some point. I now use the CSF 3-row from DPG if you have the money it's worth it.

ahh heck.. I was reading this part: "

• Vehicle Notes: 4.0 L6 2 Row - All Transmission."
who knows which is right.. guess it might be single row.... blah..

I gotta second joe_peters' comment about not scrimping on critical parts. The cheap vato zone version is around a c-note, but at least it's 2 row and has a warranty. Get yours fixed.

Back