• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding drain hole to Trans pan?

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone see a problem with adding another drain hole to the transmission pan that is a little farther forward? i have a TNT long arm setup, and the blasted OEM one is right in the middle of the belly skid... this makes swapping out the trans fluid a real PITA.

I don;t see why not. It's not different than welding in a bung for a temp sensor. I just used a mig to weld it in.

dang! another good idea! i will have to do that at the same time :guitar:

Wasn't it the rage a few years ago to have a remote drain adapter on the engine? I would add one of those rather than screw with drilling the pan.

Wasn't it the rage a few years ago to have a remote drain adapter on the engine? I would add one of those rather than screw with drilling the pan.

maybe ur just old :dunce:, but i really dont know what you are talking about. any additional data on the subject would be great. where would i stick the thing? and what exactly is it?

on a side note, i found this little guy:
http://www.streetperformance.com/part/b-and-m-racing/engine-oil-drain-plug/110369-80250.html

i grabbed a 1.5" hole saw and drilled my own acess hole into the TnT belly skid on my y-link. no problems since and its just as easy to drain the trans fluid now as when it was stock.

Give the laziest guy the hardest job and he will find the easiest way to do it. :laugh3:

i grabbed a 1.5" hole saw and drilled my own acess hole into the TnT belly skid on my y-link. no problems since and its just as easy to drain the trans fluid now as when it was stock.

i thought about this, but i wasnt sure about comprimising the strength. has it seen any action since you did that?

Give the laziest guy the hardest job and he will find the easiest way to do it. :laugh3:

laziness is the mother of ingenuity

drill a hole in the skid

if you want to put some fancy in it, add one of these http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

woah... that is fancy. i think i may go with the add a hole method in the skid. i might try to make it just big enought to get a socket up there to keep from removing too much material

Just get a big drain pan

YOU CALLIN ME LAZY!? i am honored sir!

i thought about this, but i wasnt sure about comprimising the strength. has it seen any action since you did that?

i did that a year and a half ago, maybe two years. its seen daily driver use as well as weekend warrior. its had a few good moderately hard runs including hells revenge and the big three in moab at the fall fling. no adverse effects so far.

Back