• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye question

kniel3378

NAXJA Forum User
Im putting my xj up around 5.5 or maybe a 6.5 inch lift.

Its a 99. Do i NEED the sye. I was told i could hack and tap it?

I was also told instead of buying a hole new driveshaft i could go get a xj front driveshaft and put it in the rear?

Im putting my xj up around 5.5 or maybe a 6.5 inch lift.

Its a 99. Do i NEED the sye. Yes I was told i could hack and tap it? Yes, HnT is slang for a style/type of SYE

I was also told instead of buying a hole new driveshaft i could go get a xj front driveshaft and put it in the rear? This is one option. You can purchase the companion flange with the HnT from Rubicon Express , go to Pick-n-Pull and grab a frt drivehsaft from an automatic trans equipped XJ.

Now that said, contact these guys they are NAXJA sponsors, produce a great product and even though they sell a HnT style SYE will explain why a replacement output shaft style SYE is better. I have one of each in my XJs and couldn't tell any difference in performance.

Yes. At that lift height I would say an SYE in needed. If you have a transfer case drop, it will help with vibrations and a little bit with the length issue. That really is just a Band-Aid cure though. IRONROCKOFFROAD.COM has a great kit for sale. The SYE kit consists of the yoke, hardware and driveshaft for $200. Its a great deal. The driveshaft is a refurbished shaft with heavy duty U-joints. I am running one and it is well worth the cash. won't find a better deal. Took me about a hour and a half to install and that is because I had to install a sleeve and seal on my older NP231. Look it up. Hope this helps.

Back