• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a rattling sound???

pecsxj

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend I went wheelin and a couple days later I started hearing this crazy rattling sound comming from the front end somewere. I am thinking it is from the transfer case forward somewere. It gets faster and louder the faster I go but doesn't start until I hit 20 MPH. I have no clue what it is. I am going to pull the wheels of and check the brakes. I dont know if it is a u joint cause the last one I had go bad was making a loud squeeling sound but who knows.

Anybody have any clue what this may be?? Thanks for the help.

Cat, torque converter bolts?

If it were the CAT would it do it in park when i just rev the engine? cause it only does it while driving.

If it were the CAT would it do it in park when i just rev the engine? cause it only does it while driving.

A broken cat comb can start/stop whenever, I would also expect the torque converter bolts to be there most of the time.

Get under it and make a good visual inspection with a bright spotlight.

I will do that. one more thing the sound is not random at all, it starts right when i hit 20 MPH and stops if i get slower than 20 MPH. I will check the torque converter bolts also.

I thought exhaust problems were more noticeable under load not so much when just revving the motor. I could be wrong...

I would try more stuff to duplicate/effect it, get up to 20mph in different gears, coasting at 20, drop to N and rev the motor and stuff like that. Might help to narrow down the problem more than a visual check.

Ok, last night i did my axle u joints, didn't fix anything. so I pullud the front drive shaft off to see if that would help, what do you know the CV joint that i replaced last April is bad once again. good thing it is under waranty I guess I will chock it up to more experience with u joints.

Back