• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford injectors in a renix question

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so i searched a bunch after already searching a bunch and bought some ford 19# injectors, 87-95 5.0
just wondering since everyone says use the orange tops, but these are all yellow? will they still work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=270467991200

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

I believe they will work.

yeah 4 holes. i got em off ebay
they are even listed on the 5.0 motor sports site and that says they will fit a cherokee, the design III ones, they are all yellow. i just wanted to make sure i dont need a new harness or rail for em.

i got 8 for 30$ of a ford with 72,000 miles thats why i went with them.

i already have new exhuast manifold gaskets, studs, exhaust donut, all thread copper bronze sealant and o rings so im ready to fix an exhaust leak and change my old injectors!

what is beneficial about doing this swap?

If you have the original two-piece body Bosch injectors they will eventually start to leak and your XJ will look like a s'more abortion.

The cost of new Bosch injectors is obscene.

The Ford 19 lb injectors are perfect replacements for the Bosch 18.6, they have a 4-hole nozzle instead of the antiquated single of the original.

They have been used in 3.8+ Fords up to an including the E350 vans--easy to find.

They are DIRT cheap on eBay, and cheap at most salvage yards.

There are other Ford injectors that will be a cheap replacement, if not an actual upgrade for most XJs, at least until the change from EV1 to EV6 harness connectors, but there are adapters for those.

If you have the original two-piece body Bosch injectors they will eventually start to leak and your XJ will look like a s'more abortion.

The cost of new Bosch injectors is obscene.

The Ford 19 lb injectors are perfect replacements for the Bosch 18.6, they have a 4-hole nozzle instead of the antiquated single of the original.

They have been used in 3.8+ Fords up to an including the E350 vans--easy to find.

They are DIRT cheap on eBay, and cheap at most salvage yards.

There are other Ford injectors that will be a cheap replacement, if not an actual upgrade for most XJs, at least until the change from EV1 to EV6 harness connectors, but there are adapters for those.

great, thank you. i may do this with this next paycheck, i need a "refreshing"
is there anywhere i can just oder them new? or does the price take a big jump that way?

Sure, there are companies that refurbish injectors and flow-match them into sets and usually provide new o-rings, but that will raise the price plus s/h.

Seller lucky7autoinjectors on eBay seems to do good work and consistent quality, ships USPS Priority Mail. I have bought 4 sets from him with zero problems.

You might find your local salvage yard is the cheapest, or try Craigslist. Most of the Mustang freaks (no offense intended) tend to pull the 19 lb orange tops and go to 24 lb or higher to match their hi-performance upgrades.

I would say most yards around here charge $30 a set.

Back