• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy to be

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Hey group My name is Paul I will be moving to the bremerton area in just over a year when I return from over seas. Just wanted to introduce myself and put a request out for info on the area. I've never been to WA so looking for general knowledge of the area info on auto registration and anything else I might need to know. Thanks

Paul

Congrats. my brother is being stationed there in march. I like the bremerton area.

Welcome, it doesn't rain here nearly as much as everyone says....good wheeling at Nachese, Reiter trails, walker valley. Second 2 are more north, north west. Probly hop a ferry though and wouldn't take too long to get to them.

Welcome, it doesn't rain here nearly as much as everyone says...

^This I move up here a little less then a year ago from California. It's way sunnier then I expected.

^This I move up here a little less then a year ago from California. It's way sunnier then I expected.

I am wanting to move up to portland area and everyone keeps telling me it rains to much, even if it did i love rain.

I just cant stand not having seasons down here.

i live in portland and i love it just because you feel a little of every season. i also hate the heat..when its cold you can always bundle up! :sunshine:

I am wanting to move up to portland area and everyone keeps telling me it rains to much, even if it did i love rain.

I just cant stand not having seasons down here.

i live in portland and i love it just because you feel a little of every season. i also hate the heat..when its cold you can always bundle up! :sunshine:
In the winter it gets cold, staying in the 30s-40s and occasionally in town we get snow, but there is good snow 30 minutes away..
In the spring, its a combo of nice cool sunny days, and rain!

in the summer its constant 70s & 80s and occasional 105*s

in the fall it rains like hell and is wendy.. and gets cold this is now and it sucks:(

I am kinda bummed because I wont be able to ride my motorcycle as much. It has been m primary source of transportation . I dont mind riding in the rain but snow is another story. Guess I just have to use that as an excuse with the wife to "fix" the jeep up and make it more street friendly. Whats the wheeling like up there? I suspect pretty muddy at times.

I am kinda bummed because I wont be able to ride my motorcycle as much. It has been m primary source of transportation . I dont mind riding in the rain but snow is another story. Guess I just have to use that as an excuse with the wife to "fix" the jeep up and make it more street friendly. Whats the wheeling like up there? I suspect pretty muddy at times.

It can easily be sloppy on week, and dusty the next depending on where you wheel but usually theres mud. The trails up here are tight and twisty, so it take a lot more manuvering to get through trails without body damage. Trees like to eat tail lights and roofs around here as well.

If you don't have sliders, get some. There typical PNW rigs consist of a 4.5" lift, 33's, lockers, sliders, and good mud tires (AT tires tend to not be very popular up here due to the limited days where they're successful).

~Scott

As Scott said it is muddy so be ready to fix rigs in the mud, rain, snow, and wind. A good rubber mat works great. I lived in the bay area for 7 years and all the rigs from that area are clean. Be ready for damage. Not trying to scare you but I was in Utah and they looked at my rig and thought it was some POS. But my rig wheels with the best. :cool: Welcome

Whats the wheeling like up there? I suspect pretty muddy at times.

Mud is available if you're into that.

I've managed to avoid it for the most part.

I just moved here from Sacramento.

What boat are you on (or did you get shore duty?)

I work at PSNS in Bremerton.

Look me up when you get here. :cheers:

Nope, just working on it. :wave:
The reason i asked is, my brother just got orders to go from JAX to the Stennis, he will be going up there sometime in march possibly (might have to do more school(?) anyword on when its deploying for another tour? :dunno:

sorry if i sound like a NoOb.. i dont know Too much about this stuff.

My ship is doing a home port change. I lived in hawaii for 3 years so I got used to rain and mud. I plan on getting aussies in my axles when I rear gear and run it like that until I can afford selectables.

I am kinda bummed because I wont be able to ride my motorcycle as much. It has been m primary source of transportation . I dont mind riding in the rain but snow is another story.

If you don't mind rain you could still ride almost everyday if you wanted. It's pretty rare we get any snow in the lower city areas. The snow stays in the mountains mostly.

Yeah, we are lucky if we get lowland snow more than once or twice a year and its typically the here today gone tomorrow type of thing. Best part from a wheeling stand point though is that its less than an hour trip to find snow from november through april in the mountains though.

I think its funny that nobody has mentioned Tahuya in this thread, Its all of 20 minutes from Bremerton.

Reiter and evans are 1.5-2 hours away, walker is 2.5 hours away, naches/manastash/rimrock/etc. are 3-4 hours away

I think its funny that nobody has mentioned Tahuya in this thread, Its all of 20 minutes from Bremerton.

Reiter and evans are 1.5-2 hours away, walker is 2.5 hours away, naches/manastash/rimrock/etc. are 3-4 hours away

I don't live in Bremerton...so I don't know this. :)

~Scott

I dont consider Tahuya wheeling. :shhh:

Back