• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

60" Hi Lift storage

xjnewbi

NAXJA Forum User
So I need some ideas (and pics) of any storage/mounting options for the 60" Hi Lift. I would really like to keep it inside if possible but I just don't know where. I have to keep the back seat upright for the little guy and his car seat. I think that I'm going to have to put it outside on the roof - possibly mount it on the Detours Tailbone which I plan on getting before Xmas (I know that I won't have the cash after the holidays).

If I do mount it on the tire carrier, should I mount it horizontal or vertical? I've seen both but not sure of the pros/cons of each system.

I don't have a cage so those Hi Lift mounts won't help much - do like them though. I have seen the quick fist clamps around but I really want to bolt this thing down somehow. I just don't want it turning into a missile in an accident or rollover.

I like these, it doesn't really help for mounting it inside unless you have a cage or some thing.
http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/tube-mount.html

I am in the same boat I want to mount mine inside but am kinda hesitant with my little girl in the Jeep. Something like this would work good with a roll cage or something to mount it to.
can you get these directly from highlift? wonder if there are some other offroad product dealers that sell this... (to lazy to search)

can you get these directly from highlift? wonder if there are some other offroad product dealers that sell this... (to lazy to search)

As far as I know its a find a dealer kinda thing, we stock them at work and I know other 4 Wheel Parts stores can get them within a day or two if they don't have them in stock. I think there awesome I am planning on getting a pair.

I ran a bar across the back behind the rear seat to attach the jack. Here's a pic to give you an idea:

IMG_0505.jpg

The tube mounts work great. I have the 1" mounts on my rack for a 48", the kit came with 1" and 2" u-bolts. Really nice setup. I really didn't want mine in the vehicle...its just so heavy and there isn't a great place to hard mount it. If you got the tube kit you could ditch the u-bolts and just surface mount it with 4 bolts. That way you could use their nice brackets and nice aluminum knobs.

I got mine from Quadratec.

I ran a bar across the back behind the rear seat to attach the jack. Here's a pic to give you an idea:

IMG_0505.jpg

I was thinking about doing something like this - just wasn't sure how to go about it. The 60" Hi Lift has to go above the plastic quarter panel trim where you have it. My only concern there is that it's close to the glass (just have to be careful) and it's up kinda high. I wanted to bolt it as low as possible (to the floor) but it's just too long. Thanks for the pics

IMG_0505.jpg
man i am loving your axle shaft storage idea!

So I need some ideas (and pics) of any storage/mounting options for the 60" Hi Lift. I would really like to keep it inside if possible but I just don't know where. I have to keep the back seat upright for the little guy and his car seat. I think that I'm going to have to put it outside on the roof - possibly mount it on the Detours Tailbone which I plan on getting before Xmas (I know that I won't have the cash after the holidays).

If I do mount it on the tire carrier, should I mount it horizontal or vertical? I've seen both but not sure of the pros/cons of each system.

Horizontal or Vertical, you might read somewhere that I'm not a fan of either.

If time permits, I'll tinker with some interior ideas to possibly help out with a 60"er and update when possible.

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply as well as the reply in the Tailbone thread. I'm a big fan of the design and will definitely be making that purchase soon. I've heard some hairy stories regarding the use of the Hi Lift - but thanks for the warning.

Any ideas to secure the 60 Hi Lift inside would be greatly appreciated. I would rather have it inside for reasons that you cited, but that sucker needs to be secured like Ft Knox since I often have my little buddy in the car seat (backseat) - can't wait til he gets the XJ offroad fever

I was thinking about doing something like this - just wasn't sure how to go about it. The 60" Hi Lift has to go above the plastic quarter panel trim where you have it. My only concern there is that it's close to the glass (just have to be careful) and it's up kinda high. I wanted to bolt it as low as possible (to the floor) but it's just too long. Thanks for the pics

Just don't use it too often, LOL. There's really no issue with the glass. There's 1/2" bolts welded to the bar and jack is held on with wingnuts. Loosen the nuts and just pull it straight off. It's not going anywhere either, I too didn't want it hitting me in the back of the head. You could definately lower it a few inches, mine is up to clear all the crap I have in the back.

Back