• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sort of hate to ask another wheel/tire ?

I only say I hate to ask because it seems like it is a very common topic, and I imagine people get sick of it.

I'm hoping to gain something from the huge wealth of info here.

My 97 is daily driven and probably will never rock crawl or get into really extreme stuff, lest I screw up. I do get into the back country though, mostly chasing a good trout stream, or what have you.

I want to just do a good 2" budget boost, maybe new HD leafs out back (she's got miles, 177k+). Then, as for wheels, I don't mind hitting the bone yards to find a set - first question, if I was going to look for new wheels, what would be something to look for?

If not, I have the original rims - with just 2" - what can I fit without fender mods?

If I do go for other rims (I don't know - CJ rims, whatever - just need some direction there) - how will that open up my options for tires with just the 2" BB?

Hey - really appreciate anybody's two-cents on this - sorry for asking another "same ole" question......

CJ rims will not fit, wrong bolt pattern (5 on 5.5). You need 4 on 4.5 to work. Any wrangler, ranger, explorer, or XJ/MJ will work. I had 31x10.5 MTR's on my O1 with BB until the lift sagged and I rubbed when loaded. I have run 30x9.5 on my previous XJ with no issues with a BB.

CHUGLYxj said:
CJ rims will not fit, wrong bolt pattern (5 on 5.5). You need 4 on 4.5 to work. Any wrangler, ranger, explorer, or XJ/MJ will work. I had 31x10.5 MTR's on my O1 with BB until the lift sagged and I rubbed when loaded. I have run 30x9.5 on my previous XJ with no issues with a BB.

No,he needs 5 on 4.5

Back