• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting fuel rail on....how?

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I put in new injectors and i can't for life of me get the fuel rail back on. It's like the o-rings don't want to go in there. is there a trick? I pushed as hard as I could and they simply won't go in. Do the o-rings go in first and then the injectors or something?

O-rings on the injectors, injectors into the fuel rail, fuel rail w/injectors into the manifold.

Use a little petroleum jelly on the o-rings, or you can soak them in fuel for a bit before installing them on the injectors and into the rail/manifold.

I tend to over-insert them into the rail, then carefully align them with the manifold and gently press down until I can bolt the rail down, then I use a wooden dowel (or screwdriver/pry bar) to push them further into the manifold.

O-rings on the injectors, injectors into the fuel rail, fuel rail w/injectors into the manifold.

Use a little petroleum jelly on the o-rings, or you can soak them in fuel for a bit before installing them on the injectors and into the rail/manifold.

I tend to over-insert them into the rail, then carefully align them with the manifold and gently press down until I can bolt the rail down, then I use a wooden dowel (or screwdriver/pry bar) to push them further into the manifold.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I installed 4-holed ford mustang injectors.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I installed 4-holed ford mustang injectors.

Good for you. I have been really happy with my Ford injectors.

Smoother idle, seat-of-pants better throttle response (installed them when running 31s with stock 3.07s; now with 31s and 3.73s I like how it feels).

Smoother idle, seat-of-pants better throttle response (installed them when running 31s with stock 3.07s; now with 31s and 3.73s I like how it feels).

I noticed the smoother idle but I haven't driven it yet. The valve to release the fuel pressure wasn't functioning so when I took off the rail the gas went all over the place. I'm waiting till tmw to drive it so it doesn't catch on fire and all that work was for nothing ya know. :eeks1:

Back