• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Mount experience..

Ryan93

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo a couple of days ago I did some mild leisurely cruising down in Holy Jims with my cousin and had a bit of a break so to speak...
I think what happened is I hit a rock witch initially tore it, then as I was continuing to drive it down the dirt road it just slowly began to tear itself off the axle..
LCABreak003.jpg

PA020042.jpg

PA0200412.jpg

Lucky for me my cousin lives in RSM at the top of the hill so I limped to his house and kept it there overnight.. rented a U-Haul and got it the next day.
PA030050.jpg

Dropping it off at my house..
LCABreak001.jpg

LCABreak010.jpg

Sad Jeep..
LCABreak012.jpg

Now the good part.. fixing it! Picked up some Currie HD brackets and skid plates and got to work!
LCABreak013.jpg

LCABreak014.jpg

LCABreak015.jpg

Dont think its going anywhere now haha.. Bad part is I only have one side done.. now time to find time to cut off the other side and do it..

Nice job Ryan. The currie mounts will do fine. I bent my factory ones, instead of ripping them off like you did.

Thanks guys! yea im verrry happy with them they are super stout no way ill break these guys.... (famous last words)

For such a short drive Holy Jim's sure does take victims... I just bent my front diff housing out there. Wheel alignment is overrated right?

Hit me up next time you roll out there, it's just around the corner from here.

yea remind me NEVER EVER to go down that road again I HATE IT its sooo rocky! Only good part is when its muddy and that little back trail on the right side... but i always seem to get sucked into going down there....

Yep... it's a useless 3 mile trail, but when somebody says "let's go down holy Jim's" I can't say no. Main Divide is a good alternate but too long of a trip.

seriously I hear you! Main Divide is fun buut like you said its wayy to long I can only do it once every like 2 months haha

Bummer...
The factory LCA mount welds hate having the shock mounted on the side like that. Espeacialy if you have a decently stiff shock. It was probably working the weld loose for a while.

Eric

Did you gusset and tie in to the coil bucket as well, while you were fixing?

000_0558.jpg

Stumbling across this thread from a search...

Anyone have an idea what the degree offset is on LCA Brackets? They're slightly angled to the inside, and I can't seem to find a number anywhere.

Scott

I blew mine out the exact same way wheeling in about 5' of snow. I pulled the axle out that night outside in a snowstorm fabbed up some 1/4" plate and welded her up.

Stumbling across this thread from a search...

Anyone have an idea what the degree offset is on LCA Brackets? They're slightly angled to the inside, and I can't seem to find a number anywhere.

Scott
not really sure, but as you said they are angled in. Maybe a call to Currie could answer your question.
-Ryan

not really sure, but as you said they are angled in. Maybe a call to Currie could answer your question.
-Ryan

I have a feeling that's what it's going to take. Figured I'd see if anyone knew here first. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Scott

yea remind me NEVER EVER to go down that road again I HATE IT its sooo rocky! Only good part is when its muddy and that little back trail on the right side... but i always seem to get sucked into going down there....

If you want mud Id gladly switch locations with you!

Back