• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Some Wiring Help, Fan Blower Switch

cmr314

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wiring in a new fan blower switch on my '96 Cherokee. The PO had messed up the plug, then bubba wired a toggle swith for the fan. I can't find a replacement plug for it, as none of the salvage yards in my area have an XJ in them. I'm using insulated spade terminals, but need to know which wires to hook up to which blade on the switch. I've managed to get it to work on high speed only, or low speed only, but can't seem to get it hooked up right for all the fan positions.

Could somebody please let me know how the wires go into the original plug (pics would help), and how they plug onto the switch (again, pics would be nice.

Also, my new switch has 5 terminals on it, but there are only 4 wires for the switch.

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

I have a 96 too, I'll take a shot of it if I remember to later tonight

Blower Switch on my 1995
Looking at the connector
Tan (low blower motor driver)(terminal 1)
Dark Green (fused ignition switch output)(terminal 2)
terminal 3 open
Light Blue (M2 blower motor driver)(terminal 4)
Yellow brown (fused ignition switch output acc/run)(terminal 5)

1---2
5-4-3

I kept having problems with this thing melting, even after replacing the blower motor and the control for the ac/heater. Installing 4 relays finally solved the problem. Now my blower fan runs better and my dash isn't going to burst into flames.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...blown-melted-resistor-switch-wire-fix-580627/

Thanks Jeepsloth, just what I was looking for! Will do the relay modification as well, now that I know what I need. Also, need to get a resistor, as mine only blows on the high setting now.

haha I got beaten, guess I don't have to tear my dash apart! Thanks for the color codes jeepsloth, I might relay mine up preemptively

Back