• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford 8.8 shock mounts

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys. i'm in the process of cleaning up/building an 8.8. i'm just curious for those who have installed one using ruff stuff shock tabs... where did you mount yours? if anyone has a pic i'd appreciate it.

Most important is to use mounts where the mounting bolt is perpendicular to the axle shafts.Mount them outboard as much as possible vs raising them anymore than needed,can post pics if needed!
P1040635.jpg

Last edited:
Most important is to use mounts where the mounting bolt is perpendicular to the axle shafts.Mount them outboard as much as possible vs raising them anymore than needed,can post pics if needed!

definitely needed! i've looked at these things and mocked them up and it only seems they can be installed with the bolt linear to the shafts.

couldn't agree more with RCP here - putting them as far outboard as possible is win-win, they hang down less AND they are closer in toward the tires so it's less likely to matter anyways.

RCP - what's with your brake hardlines there? that looks just a tad scary... to me anyways

Here's how I did mine.

100_1954.jpg

couldn't agree more with RCP here - putting them as far outboard as possible is win-win, they hang down less AND they are closer in toward the tires so it's less likely to matter anyways.

RCP - what's with your brake hardlines there? that looks just a tad scary... to me anyways
That was 6yrs ago,it wasnt even done yet,just finished the axle!

That was 6yrs ago,it wasnt even done yet,just finished the axle!
ok good, just checking! I'm severely paranoid about brakes and that just really threw me for a loop because your fab work always seems pretty clean.

thanks guys. i appreciate it.

It also allows for better shock control and the use of longer shocks!

Back