• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Colors?

shanesaw

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know what were factory available colors for interior plastics? (or if aftermarket stuff is available). I have maroon on my 87, and have seen gray and tan. I would love black or charcoal.
Also, how far up can I go year-wise? Will a 98 or newer interior work on an 87?

I think black was available as well but I'm not sure what years / trim levels had it. gray and tan are by far the most common of the ones I have seen, I think I've seen a blueish dark grey as well.

shane.

i believe that you can use the interiors up to a 96' model. 97' i believe brought in a new more civilized interior along with the new body.

i had maroon interior in my 87'

i did a complete swap for a tan interior from another jeep of mine.

I just bought my XJ and wanted to restore it. I would like to repaint it and replace all the interior. Does Mopar still sell all the interior items needed, or do I have to go aftermarket for everything?

dieselenthusiast,

i don't think you can get any of the interior parts from the dealer anymore.

i tried ordering some new doorskins for my 2 door, and they said the parts were no longer available. i ended up making a template on some 1/4" luan plywood and making my own. they worked great. as for the parts you need i'm guessing you'll have to rummage around JY's if you need some pieces.

All black.
Interiormods009.jpg

up to 94, had tan, grey, maroon, dark blue and light blue. no black that i can find

but, it can be redone, just did the interior of a bronco II from red to black
for vinyl pieces and carpet, you need duplicolor fabric and vinyl - from checker auto
for metal and hard plastic want to use krylon fusion
headliner can be had at joanns fabric store for $14.95 a yard, need 3 yards

seats - can get leather from a newer model, alot of how tos on here

here is a pic of the dash was all red, no pic of what it looks like now yet

Bronco003.jpg

Back