• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics from Hale Mt OHV

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
Went and tried out a new park just north of Huntsville called Hale Mountain OHV. http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/Home.html.

This park has TONS of rocks to play on. Plenty of stuff for a weekend.

i went with a buddy in his jk rubicon on 37s, my dads red tj on 35s, my buddys red tj on 35s and my xj.

it was slightly muddy therefore i had to really beat on my jeep to do some challenging climbs. this park is not a small tire friendly park. deff need at least 33s and a front locker to have fun. best part about the park for me is its only 39 miles from the house!

anyways onto the pictures!
DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

ive got TONS of more pics ill post later tonight!

Last edited:
Looks like fun David!! How big is the park? That would be a good weekend trip.

Yes more details please. I've been wanting to go hear but wondering how my ladies would fair in their rigs. Wife has 33's open/open and her girl friend is on 31's both in TJ's.

Are there multiple lines for various built rigs?

Thanks!

Pics look awesome especially the one with the wheels spinning!

they have approximately 400-500 acres and they are trying to get 1800 more. they are super nice park owners. the owners of the land are a retired couple that live on the land and there son runs and operates the park. it used to be a logging mt. they are currently working on a shower house. and full rv hookup sites.

as for the trails. there trail system is broken up into jeep/atv trails which would apply more to us. and they have "rockcrawler" trails that apply more to bigger rigs(or smaller depending on the size of your balls ;) ) my girlfriends little brother(who i just got into offroading) was able to follow us around no problem in his tj on a bb with 33s open/open.

and lets just say i was there from about 10:30am till dark and rode maybe about a quarter of the park. they also have plenty for atvs.

but like i said. if it rained all week before you went. dont go.

they also allow night riding. and they said they are going to have a really awesome halloween ride with a haunted trails and stuff like that.

if any of yall head out there to ride lemme know! ill be there for sure!

i am uploading more pics...

Thanks man! :cheers:

great pics man!!! some of those would have been great for the "in motion" photo challenge...

i'm all for trying out a new park... maybe Naxja could hit that up sometime after the flog (maybe the shower's will be done by then :) ) ...but i don't see myself getting down that way before the flog...

Hmmm, I wonder how long it would take to get there form here? Is it worth a 6-7 hour drive?

How does the JK do? What size lift? Makes the tires look small.

How does the JK do? What size lift? Makes the tires look small.
well except for the fact that he has gone through 4 stock lockers. it does pretty good open/open haha. he is in the process of having a teraflex d60 with arb being built right now. he has 5.13s 37s and 14" fox coilovers in the front with a teraflex 4 link and fox rear shocks with 6" coils and 2" spacers. when the rear axle gets here gonna 3 link the rear and run 40" km2s. it is prob the most comfortable jeep i have wheeled in. it just lacks MAJOR power. so he is trying to kill that mini van motor to get ready for a hemi!

Hmmm, I wonder how long it would take to get there form here? Is it worth a 6-7 hour drive?

well being that the park has only been open for 3 months now i imagine in the upcoming year or so it will be worth it. esp for you jeep on 42s. there are some ledges/waterfall climbs that will have undercuts that will swallow those 42s. i would hit hale mt and mt side the same weekend. as mt side is only about an hour and a half to 2 hours away from hale mt.

great pics man!!! some of those would have been great for the "in motion" photo challenge...

i'm all for trying out a new park... maybe Naxja could hit that up sometime after the flog (maybe the shower's will be done by then :) ) ...but i don't see myself getting down that way before the flog...

just lemme know when yall hit it up! ill be there anytime!

Back