• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weld On Shock Mounts

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Who makes them? Im looking for some for the rear axle mount. I did what I had to do to get them installed and now that fun season is over in my area Im wanting to cut them off and do them differently to gain some much needed up travel. Im looking for some mounts that are around 5-6" from the top of the radius to the bolt hole...may have to make them myself since most people run around 3" but if you have any leads post up

I made my own rears, still single sheer though, just stupid strong. IMO you're not going to get much more than stock without losing mega clearance. Only other option is going through the floor. Or come up with some sort of under the body shock mount like some of the bronco guys do. Wait for Tony to chime in.

I made my own rears, still single sheer though, just stupid strong. IMO you're not going to get much more than stock without losing mega clearance. Only other option is going through the floor. Or come up with some sort of under the body shock mount like some of the bronco guys do. Wait for Tony to chime in.

its true... rear axle side shock mounts are like friggin anchors... i moved mine to the axle and went through the floor for more travel. its the only real way you can do it.... even if you move them down you wont be able to get a very big shock in there. i put a 11" on the rear of mine and that was through the floor... granted i could have gone bigger if i didnt want to box it in and seal it up.

I know I am not a jeep speeder, but I use mounts like these (not quite as long)
Axle_Shock_Tab_Kit.jpg
out of heavy gauge metal, mounted to the axle at the same angle that the shock sits & they are very strong & tons of clearance for rocks to pass under the vehicle. Some people make the argument that the shock cant pivot a certain way if they are mounted like this, but i have never had a problem and there are tons of applications that use this set up from drag racing to mini trucks.

Back