• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injection Service???

It can vary.

What year/engine? How many miles on it?

Fairly low miles. You might consider using an additive yourself and save some bucks.

BG44K, Marvel Mystery Oil, and Seafoam are the big 3.

Are you having a specific problem that makes you want the service, or just a maintenance deal?

I asked the dealership to quote me "suggested" maintenence. Since they wanted to charge me $161.90 for a $32 valve cover gasket, I was guessing that a $150 Injection service would be something that a monkey could do.

What do I do, to "service" the injectors?

I asked the dealership to quote me "suggested" maintenence. Since they wanted to charge me $161.90 for a $32 valve cover gasket, I was guessing that a $150 Injection service would be something that a monkey could do.

What do I do, to "service" the injectors?

I would buy a can of BG44K (personal choice), and follow the directions.

You could use MMO or Seafoam, and will get the same results. That is all there is, no need to let the dealership owner's kid go Harvard, community college should be good enough! LOL!

BG44k rules.

Thanks guys.

I will be asking a ton of questions and doing a ton of searches as I am investing nearly $1000 into "tuning up" my wife's XJ for the long haul. The planned list so far is:

Oil Pan Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket
Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs
Front and Rear Diff fluid change
Cooling System Flush
Transmission Drain, new Wix Filter, gasket
2" spacer/block lift with new shocks
New bump stops

Figure out why turn signal works, but then stops
Figure out why only the driver's door will run the windows.

You might want to add a rear main seal in there while doing the pan gasket.

Consider re-torquing the rod and main cap bolts with the pan off.

ROGER THAT!! Thanks for the heads up. Any advice on where to get a FSM? Dealership wanted $200 for one.

Also, as it is for your wife, are you sure you want to lift it? Of course, I am A**uming that she isn't a "4x4 crazy" woman. Any lift will effect handling, wouldn't want you disturbing the marital bliss.

Thanks guys.

I will be asking a ton of questions and doing a ton of searches as I am investing nearly $1000 into "tuning up" my wife's XJ for the long haul. The planned list so far is:

Oil Pan Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket
Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs
Front and Rear Diff fluid change
Cooling System Flush
Transmission Drain, new Wix Filter, gasket
2" spacer/block lift with new shocks
New bump stops

Figure out why turn signal works, but then stops
Figure out why only the driver's door will run the windows.

The window problem is Usually the driver's door window (master) switch. Replacements are on Ebay.

+1 on all the rest & RMS.

Tall Shadow :wierd:

Sometimes after mine sits for a while, the turn signals work wierd. I just work them back and forth (actually up and down) for 3 or 4 seconds and they start to work again. Must be tarnish on the electrical contacts?

Also, as it is for your wife, are you sure you want to lift it? Of course, I am A**uming that she isn't a "4x4 crazy" woman. Any lift will effect handling, wouldn't want you disturbing the marital bliss.

I asked her if "Since I am looking into possibly replacing springs, would you want any lift?" She said, "I wouldn't mind a little lift, like 2-3 inches, no more."

I jumped on it.

Since I needed to replace the spring seats, I am only going to put in 2" spacers, and then blocks in the back. Since this Jeep isn't going to see any trails, I do not mind the blocks in the back. If I was going to wheel, I would have gone springs or AAL in the rear. But I wanted as soft a ride as possible.

I asked her if "Since I am looking into possibly replacing springs, would you want any lift?" She said, "I wouldn't mind a little lift, like 2-3 inches, no more."

I jumped on it.

Since I needed to replace the spring seats, I am only going to put in 2" spacers, and then blocks in the back. Since this Jeep isn't going to see any trails, I do not mind the blocks in the back. If I was going to wheel, I would have gone springs or AAL in the rear. But I wanted as soft a ride as possible.

Gotcha. I would avoid AALs, they are just like cheating on your wife--it might seem like a good idea at the time, but you will live to regret it! LOL!

Have you considered just using shackles? Most I have seen are 1 1/2" lift, but I'm pretty sure I saw some that would give 2".

Wouldn't I need longer springs too? 2" lift shackles would be the way to go, if they don't make the angle too steep that it makes the rider more harsh.

No, the 2" shackles should get you there. As for the angle, I think your original springs might tend to last longer with the shackles than adding the blocks, and you save the cost of the longer u-bolts.

I used shackles and blocks to get 5.5 in the rear, but I will eventually get rid of the blocks and build a bastard pack, but I will keep the longer shackles.

Teraflex makes a 2" BB lift that is spacers and shackles....

Back