• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2's

Jeeppilot

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on replacing my existing 35'' KM's with the new model - I've read about as many reviews as I can find and they seem like a good choice.

Only thing I couldn't find in the reviews is on road snow performance. I read about good snow performance offroad but have not seen anything mentioned about on...

It's not my DD so it's not a huge issue, but it's not a trailer queen either so I'm just curious. My old KM's were pretty decent on snowy roads despite being a Mud Tire...

So you guys with KM2's - how do they perform?

Thanks for the feedback JRW... Those Krawlers are sick tires for sure, They are a bit out of my price range and a little
softer than what I'm looking for in a tire, but... If they made that 35x13.50 in a 17 I'd be tempted to put those on.

I was checking em out on ORA Mag's "Cheep Jeep Part 2" They look pretty gnarly on that XJ !

i have a buddy that wheels a tj and he went from mtz's to km2s both sets were 35x12.50s, and he said he wishes he had gotten another set of mtzs... still he likes the km2s a lot, but he liked the mtzs a little more

i have a buddy that wheels a tj and he went from mtz's to km2s both sets were 35x12.50s, and he said he wishes he had gotten another set of mtzs... still he likes the km2s a lot, but he liked the mtzs a little more

I did just this and found the KM2's seem to be a softer compound. The are almost sticky when compared to my old MT and i don't find the need to air down half as much. Mine is not a daily driver but it gets drive hundreds of miles to the trails like Rubicon and Moba from here in Vegas so i have some "street miles" on them..In summary they are quite, sticky and a good tire all around from what i can tell. I dont think they look as cool as the MT's and cannot comment on that white stuff you call snow as its not common here! :yap:

Dave

I live in Oklahoma and we get the occasional snow storm or ice storm in the winter and last winter happened to be one of those years and my 31 KM2s did great. They are my first mud tire so i dont know how they would compare to others with on road snow performance but for me they did fine. That was with me driving to school and back and just driving around to pull people out of the side of the road.

I used to be all about BFG's, but after using different tires over the years I have found ones that are superior to them and the price is usually less

You won't find a better off/on road mud tire than the KM2 IMO.

For ON-ROAD SNOW performance, just like the original KMs, it's non-existent. All mud terrains suck for on road snow conditions.

Good news is you can get them siped

Haven't seen a winter on my KM2's yet, but am told they do alright. Everything else is great so far, and if they're anything like my old KM's I would take them anyday in the snow over the A/T's.

My KL71's handled 3-5" of snow on a highway without a problem. I'm not too sure what people are worried about when driving in the snow? My Jeep seemed to be completely under control the whole time I was driving, even while going 40mph in that same 3-5". When I was on side streets and parking lots, I could whip the tail end out and control it with ease, all on mud tires.

I'd say the KM2's would be fine for snow. As for ice, nothing is good on ice (except for studs).

I have a set of 35 km2's on my XJ, I am very happy with them, I drive my XJ in the snow on the street in the winter. They work great in the rain, snow, rocks & ice. You will be very happy with them.

Back