• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant find AC bypass pulley and bracket for 95 xj 4.0??? help!!

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Before my compressor pulley comes through the hood i need to get a ac bypass pulley and no one sells ones that i can find.

Its only 91-93 xj and 95 and up wrangler>?>??? Dealer doesnt make anymore, ebay no good, carparts.com no good, any ideas.

That ot i am re-routing alternator to a/c compressor spot this weekend.

Any idea what the serp belt number or part number i need for the new belt size. if i go that route

advance auto should carry it, thats where I got mine.

If I had to do it again I would just take some angle and make one. The quality on the one I got was not terrific, I ended up having to modify it for the belt to run correctly.

Advance and Oreillys both swore they couldn't get one for my 97 XJ. Guy at Nappa ordered me one for a 94 XJ 4.0 and it came with a little spacer to compensate for the newer XJ's. It was only $30

heh, thats weird. Advance was the only local place I could find one. Granted, it is listed under the help section, not under anything normal.

If you are able to get one check the belt alignment with the idler pulley. On my 92 Cherokee, none of the bypass pulley's ( I had three of them) lined the belt up correctly and the back edge of the idler pulley and it ended up cutting into the belt and I lost two of them on the trail. One came apart completely the other left about half the belt intact. It is not a fun job removing serp belts from around all the other pulleys when they shred. Granted this did not happen over night but if the alignment is off you could have a problem. You will notice a scoring mark on the back edge of the belt first.

^^ I had his problem, luckily I caught it before I took my brand new stroker out for a drive. I ended up finding a washer with the right outside diameter, and then drilling the inside out to match the bolt. I used this to space the pulley out. Naturally I could not find a washer with the right diameter on both sides.

Back