• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are XJ and TJ UCAs interchangeable?

....except with Rough Country, apparently their new front uppers are only for TJ. Not sure why....

I think the issue might be length. I see one JKS adjustable UCA for TJ/XJ/ZJ/WJ, but 3 different fixed UCAs (replacement parts)- TJ/84-99XJ, ZJ/00-01XJ, and WJ. If there aren't errors on the vendors' sites, that would point toward a length issue, wouldn't it?

I'm pretty clueless on all of the CA stuff, but I need to brain up- I think mine are about due for replacment.

At least one difference is that the WJ UCA is fully boxed instead of open-sided U-shaped sheet metal and that would be more than enough to justify a different part number. I don't know about length yet but I suspect the WJ would be a little longer.

I found a set of WJ front UCAs. They look different from the XJ/ZJ/TJ UCAs but they look like they will be interchangeable.

WJ_UCAs.jpg

Few key differences here. They are fully-boxed instead of u-channel, as already stated, so they are going to be much stronger. They are also curved instead of straight, however they are 15" eye-to-eye in a straight line, which is the same distance as the others. The curve gives them more clearance at the frame rail so this is good. Also you can see the scallop on the top front left section, and that provides extra clearance for the tranny cooler lines on the passenger side.

I have not been able to measure width since my junk is still installed and none of the locals are being much help right now. Since people use the WJ UCA bushings in the XJ arms I don't see why they would be any different width.... Are the bushings the same width?

Overall looks like a good upgrade if you can get them for free or cheap. In my case I don't have any bushings in my UCAs so I need to replace those when I install the lift, so installing WJ UCAs is easier than installing new bushings in my old junk

I found a set of WJ front UCAs. They look different from the XJ/ZJ/TJ UCAs but they look like they will be interchangeable.

WJ_UCAs.jpg

Few key differences here. They are fully-boxed instead of u-channel, as already stated, so they are going to be much stronger. They are also curved instead of straight, however they are 15" eye-to-eye in a straight line, which is the same distance as the others. The curve gives them more clearance at the frame rail so this is good. Also you can see the scallop on the top front left section, and that provides extra clearance for the tranny cooler lines on the passenger side.

I have not been able to measure width since my junk is still installed and none of the locals are being much help right now. Since people use the WJ UCA bushings in the XJ arms I don't see why they would be any different width.... Are the bushings the same width?

Overall looks like a good upgrade if you can get them for free or cheap. In my case I don't have any bushings in my UCAs so I need to replace those when I install the lift, so installing WJ UCAs is easier than installing new bushings in my old junk
Waste of time,just buy some "real" control arms!

These are free or $20 from takeoff hell son that is less than replacement bushings

Well grandson,since they are boxed they are going to bind more and hinder flex(and possible failure of the arms or mounts)! All the factory arm are suitable for their intended use.

Last edited:
Back