• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ticking on hillclimbs

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

i did a rear main seal a few months ago, and after i was done with it, and went to fire it up i got a clicking noise for the first 2-3 seconds it ran. that went away, but now when im doing steep hill climbs i get a very random ticking. it isn't anything from the motor because theres no rhythm to it. kind of like rocks in a can sound. im not sure if its complete coincidence after the rear main seal or what

i know to check flex plate bolts, and see if its cracked, but they look ok. any other suggestions on what it could be

thanks

hey everybody

i did a rear main seal a few months ago, and after i was done with it, and went to fire it up i got a clicking noise for the first 2-3 seconds it ran. that went away, but now when im doing steep hill climbs i get a very random ticking. it isn't anything from the motor because theres no rhythm to it. kind of like rocks in a can sound. im not sure if its complete coincidence after the rear main seal or what

i know to check flex plate bolts, and see if its cracked, but they look ok. any other suggestions on what it could be

thanks

It may be something else, but what till the jeep cools down, crawl underneath and pound on the side (not the bottom) of the Cat with the palm of your hand, listen for a rattle.

Back