• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Cluster swap w/out sendors

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 96, from what i've read on
http://www.baeta.org/opie/Gauge.htm it says that the "The 91-96 gauge clusters are all interchangeable " ...and I also found on here the following information.

Just did it in my Comanche, here's what I found out.

*90 and earlier: Renix cluster and change out the oil and temp sending units.
*91-96: HO cluster and change out the oil and temp sending units.
*97+: Swap out the cluster.
*HO and Renix clusters are not interchangeable.
*The tach is calibrated for the cluster's original engine.

Now, my question, if I swap a 91-96 gauge cluster into my 96, that already has the guage cluster w/out the idiot lights etc, do I need to get new sendors as well? Or because i've got the improved cluster I just need to find the same kind of cluster between those years?

Thanks

If I am understanding you, you want to exchange a gauge cluster for a gauge cluster, both in the 91-96 time frame, then yes, you do not need to change the sending units.

That is correct. Just need to verify that if I change w/in those years I do not need to do anything with the sendors.

The previous owner plugged in the aux fan into the wrong slot in the fuse panel... thus blowing the entire gauge cluster somehow.

Back