• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Swap

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find any threads that address my specific question.

I'm wanting to upgrade my 97 SE with power windows & locks. I have a 98 Sport that I'm parting out, so I figured rather than swap the internals, just swap the doors.

My question is about what is the best way to unplug the door harness behind the kick panel? Is it pretty straight forward? Can I expect the wiring to line up?

I can't seem to find any threads that address my specific question.

I'm wanting to upgrade my 97 SE with power windows & locks. I have a 98 Sport that I'm parting out, so I figured rather than swap the internals, just swap the doors.

My question is about what is the best way to unplug the door harness behind the kick panel? Is it pretty straight forward? Can I expect the wiring to line up?

Dude screw power windows and door locks. Mine in my 99 have been such a PITA and I've only owned the jeep for about a week. The windows only roll down using the drivers door switches. The passenger switches don't work at all. The drivers side door lock lever bent inside the door somehow so that out of wack. However, I understand different strokes for different folks so I would think that the wiring might be already in the kick panels? I don't see any problems arising when doing the door swap as everything(speakers, mirrors, etc.) should bolt right up.

When my power windows acted up I took the drivers side switch out and sprayed electronics cleaner inside and then all the switches worked. The drivers side is the master. As for the lock lever bending...bone yard run?

Actually I've decided to keep things manual. Eventually this is going to be a trail only rig (in the next few years when I retire it from DD duty). RIght now I'm just going to swap the tinted glass from the 98 into the 97.

Dude screw power windows and door locks. Mine in my 99 have been such a PITA and I've only owned the jeep for about a week. The windows only roll down using the drivers door switches. The passenger switches don't work at all. The drivers side door lock lever bent inside the door somehow so that out of wack. However, I understand different strokes for different folks so I would think that the wiring might be already in the kick panels? I don't see any problems arising when doing the door swap as everything(speakers, mirrors, etc.) should bolt right up.

heres a schematic to help with getting those windows working right.
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/body/154_0901_jeep_cherokee_xj_door_upgade/photo_09.html

My 99 FSm doesn't seem to show a connector in the kick panel. I find it hard to believe there isn't, but the instructions for removing the doors also tell you to open up the door and unplug all the components at that end, and pull the harness out of the door....:dunno:

Back