• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil leak.

Burchie

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I've developed an oil leak on my '94. It has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks. Now it's turned into a constant drip while the engine is running. It seams to be coming from in between the block and the 90 degree elbow to the oil filter.

Look... Pictures.

Clean. Engine not running.
IMG_7471-4-x-120.jpg

Engine running.
IMG_7473-4x6-120.jpg

close up.
IMG_7474-4x6-120.jpg

Now it seams to be over full with oil, but not by that much.
IMG_7476-4x6-120.jpg

So what do you all think? Thanks.

Nice documentation! You need to pull that elbow from the block (such fun, by the way) and replace the o'rings. It is a real tight spot (PITA). Several threads here already on how to tool up, to get the bolt off if you search. Use "Oil filter adapter naxja.org" as the search words, and use Google for the search.

Use "Oil filter adapter naxja.org" as the search words, and use Google for the search.

Thanks. I didn't know what it was called. I did find tons of info on the subject.

SO pleased i'm not the only one to notice this. Yes, there are ways around it, but the big G is just SO much easier. :soapbox:

rant over, back on topic

I'm sorry. I don't understand your rant? Please elaborate.

Thanks. I didn't know what it was called. I did find tons of info on the subject.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your rant? Please elaborate.

He was complaining about how much better the google search tool is than the naxja search tool.

The set of o-rings is pretty cheap at the dealer too, btw. The larger generic o-ring I got at the shucks auto was just a tad too thin to seal well.

Back