• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'93 XJ - No Fuel Pressure

DJFriar

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having an issue starting my 1993 Cherokee Country (4.0L). I replaced the fuel filter, swapped the fuel pump and ran new wires to the pump, but still no start. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge today, and I'm getting zero fuel pressure. Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

ASD relay, ballast resistor on DS fenderwell?

Are you getting 12v at the pump?

Ok, a**uming fuel in the tank, with a new filter, and the pump runs but nothing at the fuel rail.

Look for a pinched fuel line, take off the fuel outlet side of fuel line at the filter and see if you get fuel out of the filter.

What condition was the rubber fuel line between the pump and the mounting flange? Was the in tank filter sock clean?

stupid ???? but I have to ask since my brother inlaw did it when he put the pump in mine when I first bought it. are the wires hooked up properly? it will run in the opposite direction if you hook them up backwards!

Back