• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Y2KXJ

Curt'sY2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
:NAXJA:

Life for me and Jeeps Started with a 1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4 popper. Put a 3in Rusty's Add-a-Leaf w/ 2in blocks and 2in spacers up Front and Rough Country Track Bar and a set of Rough Country Lower Control Arms. Sold that after I realized a 4popper was not working for me. And purchaced a 1997 Wrangler Sport w/ a 4.0L. Cool but there's just something about a Cherokee I wanted and LOVED! The Wrangler had a 3in Full Traction and 33's some body armor but, best of all I had Purchased a set of Axles Cheap! Dana 30 HP front with an ARB, 4.88s, 30 Spline Chromoly Shafts, and Toys by Troy 1-Ton Steering Setup and a Rear LJ Dana 44 w/ an ARB and 4.88s. Put them in the Jeep and LOVED Gears and Lockers. To make a long story short I needed a Cherokee again. Sold the TJ and Pulled the axles before I did it! Purchased what I call Project Y2K XJ. My 2000 Cherokee started a Stock 108,000 Mile 4.0L Automatic XJ.

Plans for the XJ consisted of:
-Number 1 no Flares hate them need the room
-around 5-6 inches of lift
-35inch tires
-Hood Louvers
-Oh and the Axles!

So the First Stage:
On to the Body Shop Purchased with the following parts. Rigid Co. FbW2 Front Bumper, Rigid Co. RbM Rear Bumper, Protofab Rock Solid RockSliders(All which I had Powder Coated at a Local Shop), Thor 4x4 Full Corner Guards, GenRight Hood Louvers, and GenRight Side Panel Louvers. All were to be installed and were done very well by a local body shop in wellsville.

Next Second Stage:
On to what I do Lift Kits! Purchased a Rubicon Express 5.5in Extreme Duty Long Arm Lift Kit. It was Time to install it and put my Axles in. I also took advantage of the ProComp buy 3 get 1 and got a set of 315/70R17 Xtreme M/T's and also purchased a set of Walker Evans Beadlocks(Love These BTW). The Lift to a whole 3 Day weekend to install but was well worth it. All the parts fit excellent together and The Jeep drives like it doesn't even have a Lift Kit on it!

Sorry I don't have any in action pics right now I am planning a trip to Rausch Creek on the 27th of September. I will Post pics as soon as I Can!

Here is What She Looks Like all Finished! Let me know what you think!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Naxja nice rig

I like the louvers :D

Nice looking build.

'Interested in the side panel louvers. Are they connected to the engine bay in any way, or do they just pull air out from inside the fender?

I've wanted to put some kind of under-hood venting on my jeep for a while now, but don't like the idea of the hood louvers feeding hot air into the cabin air intake on the cowl.

Like the TxT steering setup. I've seen him jack up his rock crawler(TJ) by the tie rod. It would flex up about 6-8 inches, then pick the whole front up. Take the weight off, and it would flex right back. While he was in business, he had a standing "warranty": you bend/break one of his links, and he'd send you a new one.

Last edited:
Great looking Jeep. Do you have any concerns about driving in PA without the flares? That's the reason I just did TJ flares on mine. Is that Mike (?) from Mt Zion Offroad in the one pic? The face looks familiar.

Thanks, yes that is mike from mount zion. I work there part time doing eBay for him and he let me use the shop. Side Panel Louvers are not tied into the inter fender wells they are just to make the ones on the hood look like they belong. haha. The ones on the hood are fully fuctional though.
-Curt

The Jeep is def. not PA legal. I only have driven it like this for a week but ill let you know when I get my first ticket. haha.

All I can say to that is, Stay away from South Whitehall Township....nice build.

Back