• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto to 5spd Swap?

Mudshack

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and ironically all I found were guys swapping the 5spd to put in an auto? Why is that? Is the 5spd that bad? I know autos can be easier on the leg when crawling...but honestly...I thought someone would have swap TO a 5spd.

Anyone? Have you put a 5spd behind a 4.0 HO when it came stock with the auto tranny?

FINALLY some one WANTS to take out an auto and put in a manual trans.I know there are a lot of why ya wanna manual? well I could go on for ever how much better a manual is than an auto-Glad to see it.Well as for swapping it out - mine came with a puke go trans-now it has an nv3550 it it- it should be easy nough though.Just look in the junk yards for the same year as yours with a manual and pull the brackets and pedal assembly and the rest is bolt in from there.:patriot:
of course you will need the flywheel as well-what year is it anyways?

Back