• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

muffler

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
i am ordering a flowmaster super 40 and i have a glasspack now i dont remember but i think i need a offset inlet and a center outlet, right or wrong?
:repair:

ROBZ95Xj said:
Center Inlet Offset Outlet both need to be 2.25"
i think it had that set up with a reg 40 series on it when i bought it and it rubbed the drive shaft do you have any clearance issues?

97XJ Jeeper said:
i think it had that set up with a reg 40 series on it when i bought it and it rubbed the drive shaft do you have any clearance issues?
i had a 40 series delta flow like that with no problems, we tried a offset inlet center outlet on my friends 96 and it either would hit the frame rail or hit the driveshaft

ROBZ95Xj said:
we tried a offset inlet center outlet on my friends 96 and it either would hit the frame rail or hit the driveshaft
that prolly what what was on it when i bought it then, i ordered the super 40 in 2 1/2" center inlet and offset outlet, i have a magnaflow cat in 2 1/2'' so i am going 2 1/2'' catback, local shop will mandrel bend a tailpipe for $30 and they are having a half off on all exhaust work sale!!!!!!!!!!!! so it is going to be real cheap:yelclap:

thanks for the help that would of sucked if i put the wrong inlet muff on

i had my new tail bent up today and put on with my super 40. IT SOUNDS GREAT!! not to loud but nice tone, deep and throaty. not tractor or ricey like the glasspack i had on it. and there is no drone inside the cab like the reg 40. thanks for the help.
:cheers:

Back