• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zero Rate Add-A-Leaf (block bolts to springs)

bkhudgins

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Thought I would ask the pros about these.
I am wanting to add an 1" lift to the rear of my 01 XJ. I just removed the RE 1 1/2" lift blocks and installed a 1 1/2" lift shackle. I still want to gain another 1". I also have 2 1/2" add-a-leaf in my pack. What do yall think about these. http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm.
My brother runs them under is K5 Blazer and he is really really hard on it and he has no problems at all. He is running 36's and has a built 350.

Any other suggestions on gaining an 1"?

so do you drill 2 more holes through the leafs... or do they go across the bottom of the leaf and clamp onto them somehow?

you have a total of 4" lift then right?

why not just get a full pack, or atleast put together a bastard pack?

if cost is the major problem, I guess blocks can be used, if thats the case, find'em cheap or get a used set from someone upgrading.

I would reccomend against running blocks, search for " bastard pack" you can make a pretty good leaf pack for cheap.

so do you drill 2 more holes through the leafs... or do they go across the bottom of the leaf and clamp onto them somehow?

you have a total of 4" lift then right?

why not just get a full pack, or atleast put together a bastard pack?

if cost is the major problem, I guess blocks can be used, if thats the case, find'em cheap or get a used set from someone upgrading.

You don't have to drill any extra holes. The leaf spring center pin is what holds them to the springs (though the u-bolts don't hurt either).

I think I'll end up running something similar in the future. I'll be making a traction bar to go with it though.

Billy

i think those extra holes are for moving the axle forward or backward right 1.5" either way, that is, a longer or shorter wheelbase depending on what youre going for.
alot of guys run blocks. ive always thought that 1" and under lift blocks would be something i would consider someday but only as a cheap way to gain an extra inch and keep the spring flatter than adding an extra leaf. youll get that lift you want and keep your springs flatter and softer by not adding another leaf. its also relativly cheap for 40$.
if you want to gain some extra lift in the rear without lifting it too much, consider adding some stock leaves in the rear. i added the second to the main leaf and the smallest leaf to each of my 3.5" crappy old rustys packs and it stiffened it up decently and added about an 1"-1.5" at most, of lift.

Back