• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'02 Wrangler Heater Control Problem

stillrob

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All - I'm new to the forum but a long time Jeep owner!

I currently have an '02 Wrangler and have trouble with my heater controls on the dashboard. The left control (air flow volume) and center control (warm/cool) both work fine.

The right hand control (vent selection) is giving me two forms of trouble. Basically it is either on or off, no matter which vent setting I choose. So, if I turn it off it works fine and goes off. But, if I turn it on then no matter which setting I select it delivers defrost and defrost only. This issue arose in the Spring of this year and with winter coming and me in the Northeast, I'd like to get it fixed.

The second issue (not a major one but maybe connected?) is that the same right hand knob does not "click" into place for the selections like it used to. It is sort of a 'soft click.' This actually started happening after I fussed with it this morning. Not sure if the two are related but I mention it in case they are.

I'm thinking of replacing the three guage dashboard unit with a stock replacement part but I was hoping to get some comments from other people here ...

Has anyone faced this issue before and how was it resolved?

Many thanks in advance and happy Jeepin'!!!

it's likely a vacuum leak, defrost is the fail safe position.
There's a few people that own wranglers here that may be able to help, but we're an XJ resource. You might be better to find a wrangler forum to ask.

Back