• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! ARB install Q 27 or 29 spline 8.25?

Time to order my lockers. No tag on the diff...
Is there any way to tell if it's a 27 or 29 spline rear?
My truck is a '99 AX15 HP D30 front, Cryco 8.25" rear non ABS XJ.

Thanks Guys!

likely a 29 splines

If you don't know...don't you think that's a sign to have a professional step in and help with something so expensive/precise?

Either way, as said, likely a 29.

~Scott

If you don't know...don't you think that's a sign to have a professional step in and help with something so expensive/precise?

Either way, as said, likely a 29.

~Scott
cause having a professional help matters so much when you are just ordering something

Time to order my lockers. No tag on the diff...........
Thanks Guys!

Calm down Francis, no need to beat him down - he's asking a question.
You always run to a "professional" every time you need assistance?

Thought that's why we joined NAXA in the first place - assistance with building our XJ's.....

Get the 29 spline one and use the axles You have if they are 29 spline, or use new ones if they are not.

Now that's a good idea!

Ask a simple question -cripes!

Its a good idea, but a moot point. If your axle is stock on your '99, it is a 29 spline, not "likely a 29 spline."

Gotcha!

On the other hand, at least it is a constructive and helpful post.

BTW MB, I've been handling and building "expensive/precise" things for more than thirty years. But thanks for the input:smsoap:

it IS possible that it came with a D35 and some tool decided to replace it with a 27sp 8.25

Back